Interfaith Community Martin Luther King Day Prayer Service
We encourage our parishioners to join the clergy and members of Cranford Houses of Worship at this year’s Martin Luther King Day Interfaith Service which will be held on Thursday, January 15, at 7:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 100 High Street, Cranford, NJ.
Interfaith Community Service Project
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'" Martin Luther King
Since the 1994 passing of the King Holiday and Service Act, each year Americans across the country have come together to honor Martin Luther King by serving their neighbors and communities. On January 19, 2015, the third annual Cranford Interfaith Community Service Project will take place from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at the First Presbyterian Church- Bates Hall. This Service Project is an exciting and fun opportunity for participants of all ages to help needy people in our community.
This year’s Service Project is to provide food and household items for the needy through the Community Food Bank, Cranford Family Care and the Women’s Shelter. Please help St. Michael Parish by donating needed items or by making a monetary donation. Bring your donation to the Church vestibule or to the Parish Center before January 16. Here is a list of the needed items:
- Single serving healthy snacks – such as cereal bars, individual serving bags of crackers, pretzels, etc.
- Single serving juice boxes
- Single serving 1% low-fat shelf-stable milk boxes - non-refrigerated, such as Borden, Parmalat, or store brands. (6 – 8 oz)
- Single fruit or applesauce cups
- Single serving microwaveable meals, (macaroni and cheese, stew, or pasta meals. No Ramen type Noodle cups, please.)
- House cleaning products – any products, such as multi-purpose cleaners, spray cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, sponges, etc.
- Disposable baby diapers, newborn-2T