“You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.” Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche
The Rosary Society formally began at St. Michael’s Parish in October of 1941 and has continued to be a very active ministry. United in prayer and devotion to Our Blessed Mother Mary, and with her as their example, the women of the Rosary Society are pledged to serve the Altar of the Church. Msgr. Shugrue is the group's spiritual advisor and they are grateful for his caring support and guidance.
The Rosarians are supportive of St. Michael’s Parish both financially and through volunteer activities, such as:
- Maintaining the altar linens and altar servers’ robes.
- Actively participating in Respect Life, Church Women United and other civic concerns.
- Attending monthly meetings held on the first Monday after the first Sunday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Meetings provide opportunities to socialize, pray to Our Blessed Mother and enjoy programs featuring guest speakers.
- Attending the first Sunday of the month Masses for the living and deceased members of the Rosary Society.
Members of the Rosary Society welcome women of all ages to their events throughout the year. These include:
- November Communion Breakfast
- Christmas Party
- Celebration of the St. Patrick and St. Joseph feasts
- Palm Sunday Babka Sale
- May Crowning
- Day of Recollection at the Jersey Shore
New members bring us such joy. Please know that you are welcome to join us at our next event to learn more about us and join this wonderful ministry. Contact the Parish Center.
ROSARY SOCIETY SEVENTY-FIFTH ANNIVERSARY
On Saturday, October 8, 2016, the members and friends of the St. Michael's Rosary Society celebrated its 75th Jubilee, marking seventy-five years of operation since their initial charter in 1941. The celebration began with Mass, concelebrated by Pastor and Rosary Moderator, Msgr. Timothy Shugrue, Father Wilson, Father Lewis Papera and Father Jerry Hahn.
More than 80 Rosarians and guests participated in the Mass and luncheon reception held in the Parish Center. The event was filled with many cherished memories of the past 75 years. It was a time to reconnect with past presidents, former members and many friends who returned to Cranford for the celebration.