On Tuesday, June 7, approximately thirty Rosarians and friends gathered for their annual Installation Dinner at the Il'Giardino Restaurant, Cranford. Father Wilson, Father Tom and Deacon Patrick joined them for the celebration. Father Wilson officiated at the Installation Ceremony.
The newly installed officers are:
President: Dorothy Brigando
Second Vice President: Maureen Mairo
Treasurer: Colleen Gorman
Recording Secretary: Ellen Collett
Corresponding Secretary: Chris Kroyer
St. Michael's Rosary Society, while in existence before 1941, received its charter as a Society on October 8 of that year. On October 8 of this year, we will join the Society's members in celebrating the 75th anniversary of its charter.
We are grateful to the Rosary Society and its members for their prayerful and faithful presence among us. The Rosarians are supportive of St. Michael’s Parish both financially and through volunteer activities, such as:
- Maintaining the altar linens and altar servers’ robes.
- Actively participating in Respect Life, Church Women United and other civic concerns.
- Attending monthly meetings held on the first Monday after the first Sunday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Meetings provide opportunities to socialize, pray to Our Blessed Mother and enjoy programs featuring guest speakers.
- Attending the first Sunday of the month Masses for the living and deceased members of the Rosary Society.
Members of the Rosary Society welcome women of all ages to join the Rosary Society and to attend their yearly events. Some of these are:
- November Communion Breakfast
- Christmas Party
- Celebration of the St. Patrick and St. Joseph feasts
- Palm Sunday Babka Sale
- May Crowning
- Day of Recollection at the Jersey Shore